Isogenica is at the forefront of synthetic biology, pursuing a mission to provide the fastest, most efficient engine for therapeutic antibody discovery. We are passionate about using our platform technologies to improve and accelerate drug discovery and development. Working with pharmaceutical industry partners, we are driven by the ultimate goal of helping patients though more affordable medicines and faster access to potentially life changing treatments.
Isogenica is currently seeking a (Senior) Research Scientist to join our dynamic team.
- You have a PhD in Life Science or a related field with more than 2 years post-PhD experience in a relevant field, preferably in the Biotech or Biopharmaceutical industry.
- You are able to work effectively and prioritise your work to meet deadlines. You have good organisational skills and are able to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- You are an enthusiastic scientist who is able to work independently but who is also a good team player. You interact professionally with fellow staff members and partners alike.
- You help to ensure a safe and efficient working environment for yourself and your colleagues as well as adherence to health and safety guidelines.
Your role will be to design and carry out selections and screening campaigns on Isogenica’s antibody fragment libraries using phage and CIS Display, in order to identify therapeutic candidates. You prepare and present detailed reports for internal and external partners.
You can independently identify issues, should they arise, and pro-actively suggest or execute troubleshooting or optimization activities.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Perform antibody or scaffold protein selections using CIS Display or phage display.
- Perform general molecular biology work (DNA purification, PCR setup, restriction digests/ligations, coli transformation, gel electrophoresis…).
- Run pre-programmed procedures on liquid handling and colony picking robots.
- Sequence analysis, and antibody sequence analysis in particular.
- Analyse protein expression and quality using UV/VIS spectroscopy, SDS-PAGE, Western Blot, size exclusion chromatography, MALDI-TOF mass spectrometry.
- Execute basic antibody binding assays (ELISA, Alphascreen or HTRF).
- Plan and execute analytical flow cytometry (FACS) cell binding experiments.
- Document experiments and procedures in laboratory notebooks, analysing experimental data and presenting in internal meetings.
At Isogenica, we provide a supportive and creative working environment for talented individuals who are seeking a dynamic career at the cutting edge of biopharmaceutical research. Situated in a great location, close to Cambridge but accessible, we offer competitive salaries and an attractive benefits package.
Reporting to: Team Leader or Senior Scientist
Contract type: Full Time
Closing date for applications: 1st February, 2019
Applicants must have the permanent right to work in the UK.
Chesterford Research Park
Little Chesterford, CB10 1XL
No agencies please.