Isogenica is at the forefront of synthetic biology, pursuing a mission to provide the fastest, most efficient engine for therapeutic antibody discovery. We are passionate about using our platform technologies to improve and accelerate drug discovery and development. Working with pharmaceutical industry partners, we are driven by the ultimate goal of helping patients though more affordable medicines and faster access to potentially life changing treatments.
Isogenica is currently seeking part-time assistant accountant to join our finance team.
Job title : Part –Time Assistant Accountant
Reports to: Financial Controller
Part-time Assistant Accountant to support the Finance Team with month end, payroll, VAT, bank and credit card administration, purchase invoices and expenses processing. You will understand the importance of financial reporting, controls and payroll deadlines with the ability to perform tasks in a timely and accurate manner.
Responsibilities will include:
- Support with Month End processing; Payroll journal, Credit Card Accruals and Reversals, Provision journal.
- Month End communications; FX Rates, Time sheets.
- Payroll Administration – and liaising with Payroll providers.
- Payroll payment upload.
- Run, process, review and file VAT return ( MTD ).
- Bank statements & Administration.
- Credit Card Administration.
- Petty cash.
- Support to Accounts Payable; Purchase Invoice posting and matching Purchase Orders from our Purchasing System.
- Support review and posting of Staff and Credit Card Expenses.
- Ad hoc Project work as directed by the Financial Controller.
Ideally you will have at least 2 years’ experience working in a Finance Team, and experience of Sage 50 essential. Either part qualified or studying for AAT/ACCA.
Experience in a Biotech company (desirable but not essential).
Salary: Competitive package (dependent on experience)
Contract Type: 2 days a week – flexibility on hours/days
Closing date for applications: 17th June 2019
Applicants must have the permanent right to work in the UK
Chesterford Research Park
Little Chesterford, CB10 1XL
No agencies please.