Scientist (Antibody Engineering)
The role is to progress projects in the engineering and development of single and multispecific VHH antibodies. You will take accountability for the manufacture and developability
testing of multi-specifics, including construct design supported by senior colleagues. You will
demonstrate technical skill and expertise in protein production and purification across
different projects, rigorous scientific experimental design, execution, and interpretation of
data. You will also collaborate and share knowledge with colleagues and provide constructive
input to the wider team.
Most of your time will be lab-based alongside some office-based planning and reporting on programmes.
WHO YOU ARE
Having graduated with a PhD in a Life Sciences subject or equivalent work experience, you are excited about a career in biotech and are ready to accelerate your learning in a fast-paced commercial environment.
You are “outcomes focused”, and able to prioritise your work to meet deadlines. You have good organisational skills and communicate proactively.
You are an enthusiastic scientist who can work independently but who is also a good team player. You relish a challenge and are thoughtful and proactive in seeking solutions for difficult problems.
You are conscientious and observant, and this includes working to create a safe and efficient working environment for yourself and your colleagues.
JOB SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES
• Design and execution of antibody engineering strategies (e.g. multimerization, affinity
maturation, humanisation etc), ensuring high quality of the resulting molecules.
• Experience working with prokaryotic and mammalian expression vectors, including
• Protein expression and purification from bacteria and mammalian cell culture using
automated systems (e.g. AKTA) and QC analysis using UV/VIS spectroscopy, SDSPAGE, Western Blot, size exclusion chromatography, HIC, Tm etc.
• Antibody binding assays (ELISA, Alphascreen or HTRF).
• Analytical flow cytometry cell-binding experiments.
• General molecular biology work (DNA purification, PCR setup, restriction
digests/ligations, E. coli transformation, gel electrophoresis etc.).
• Maintenance of complex lab equipment/robotics.
• Full experimental write-ups of all laboratory work to be filed according to procedures.
• Preparation and presentation of project/programme summaries, interpreting data
accurately and explaining results to colleagues informally, at team/company meetings
or externally to partners/collaborators.
Behaviours and Values:
• The ability to work both individually and as part of a team is essential. Fostering
collaborative relationships with colleagues is essential.
• Approachable, supportive and able to share knowledge and expertise to help others.
• Fosters a culture of trust. Welcomes and provides support and respectful challenge.
• Creativity and innovation within the role, seeking to suggest improvements or
contribute to team or company project plans using evidence from independent
research to present and support good arguments or suggestions.
• Eagerness for learning and a proactive approach to expanding own knowledge and
skills and able to take responsibility for learning and development.
• Demonstrable enthusiasm and passion for the work of the company, setting high
standards for self.
• Takes personal responsibility and demonstrates good planning and organisational skills,
with the ability to prioritise.
WHO WE ARE
Isogenica is a leading innovator in therapeutic antibody discovery, focused on enabling rapid advancement of next-generation antibodies and antibody-based therapeutics into preclinical and clinical studies. Isogenica develops VHH: these small-format antibodies can be linked together to produce multi-specific biotherapeutics for the treatment of cancer, inflammation and other serious diseases. Isogenica has established partnerships with numerous biotech and biopharma companies from around the world, resulting in the development of several clinical candidates.
WHAT IT’S LIKE WORKING WITH US
Our values best describe what it’s like to work here. We’re passionate about using our skills, expertise and knowledge to improve the lives of patients. We love to learn and believe that individual growth and Isogenica’s success goes hand in hand. We challenge and support each other
to master new skills, acquire new knowledge and deliver breakthrough technologies that benefit our company, our partners and ultimately patients. Our passion, enjoyment and motivation for our work make Isogenica an inspiring place to work. As a small team, we work together by trusting, respecting and supporting each other. While we each have ownership over our projects, we draw on the skills and expertise of colleagues to ensure the best outcomes. Delivering valuable, world-changing science takes time so many of our projects and partnerships are long term but we feel a strong sense of urgency to improve lives by innovating and adapting to change quickly as our projects turn corners or new technologies become available.
WHAT WE OFFER
As well as being part of our skilled and enthusiastic team, you will also benefit from:
● 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
● A work-place pension with an 8% employer contribution
● Access to Income Protection and Life Insurance benefits
● Access to Private Medical Insurance (eligible on completion of probation)
● Unlimited access to health and wellbeing resources through our Employee Assistance Programme including counselling and telephone GP service
● CPD tailored to you including both in-house training and external courses and events
Isogenica is located on the Chesterford Research Park offering a beautiful landscape in which to work with plenty of green, open and parkland grounds to explore. Alongside the benefits above,
you’ll have access to an on-site restaurant, golf course and 50% membership discount for the on-site gym which includes exercise classes and an outdoor bootcamp.
Salary: Highly competitive salary and benefits package
Contract type: Full-time
Closing date for applications: 30th September 2022
Applications: CV and brief covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants must have the permanent right to work in the UK.